Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, July 28, 2008

My first blog entry

This is my first attempt at blogging so hopefully it goes well. The reason I have decided to write an entry is to let everyone know a few inside tips. It seems that no matter how many books you read there is always something that you miss and it is brought to your attention so matter of fact-like it was common knowledge?? For example-sunscreen can not be used until at least 7 months.

I will begin with baby products-if you are like us that aisle is foreign, slightly scary and you feel resentment towards the other customers zipping by grabbing exactly what they need without even blinking-like they could not stop for 5 seconds to shed some light on obvious first time parents. Anyway as you stand in the aisle reading ingredients (as if that will sway your decision)of the 22 varieties of shampoos and soaps you notice a few key ingredients like water, glycerin-what?!? isn't that used to make explosives? Nope that is nitroglycerin-should have payed more attention in Chemistry. Anyway after you realize you are not in danger of creating an explosion you decide on one and just hope for the best. SIDE NOTE: Original Johnson's baby shampoo can be substituted for eggs when baking a cake, if you are ever in a pinch. WARNING: This has not been approved by the FDA and should be used at your own risk. (this was passed down by our parents.)

Moving on here are some items that you may find you just never have enough of: Pajamas, burp cloths (if you have a spitter), diapers and wipes. If you are looking for diaper rash cream I recommend boudreaux's butt paste-we apply during each diaper change(which is alot) and have yet to have any problems-keeping our fingers crossed.

Well I guess that is enough of my babbling and I have attached some pictures. There are not that many but once I figure out how to transfer pictures from the camera to the computer I will attach newer ones.





6 comments:

Florence Y'all said...

Watch out world Cathy is learning to use new technology and blog! I would like to be the first to welcome you to the 21st century.

LOVE YOU!
Brent

BJohnsons on the Lake said...

Welcome. Welcome. Maybe you can bring my wife along for the ride. I wouldn't trust anything that has been endorsed only by Steve as he is the one who made the kids suit up in snow clothes to go get the xmas tree out of the garage... Good to see our gift is being put to good use. Is Kayla a fan?

Kate said...

Welcome Cathy! Thanks for the tips, I'm totally going to be that person standing in the aisle looking dumb-founded.

Taking a mental note of boudreaux butt paste.....I think I really just like to say butt paste....God I'm immature :)

Anonymous said...

Butt paste is quite excellent stuff- you don't need to use it every time though- just when they get a little pink :) Be careful though- it stains! Keep the pics coming! Love, Bonnie

CLAREW said...

Heads up on the sunblock -
there are a few new brands out for babies that our pediatrician approved. She said Aveeno was good and to try to find 70 SPF.
I used it at the Cubs game & it was fine although I like the Hawaiian Tropic for babies better. I guess they finally figured out it's better to have a little rash than a sunburned baby :)

Florence Y'all said...

Thanks everyone for the comments. We appreciate all the help we can get!!