Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Monday, May 19, 2008

Two weeks left!

Today we had our weekly appointment with the OB. After our appointment we went on a tour of the Maternity FLOORS at the hospital. The hospital is doing renovations and is very confusing. We were told to park on the 5th floor of the parking garage, there is valet parking for labor and delivery. Sounds easy... You enter the garage from the street and go down one level somehow this is the 5th floor. When you enter the hospital on the 5th floor you need to get to the labor and delivery floor, the 9th floor, because you give birth in your 9th month. If that is the only thing I remember from our tour I'd be happy with that. To get to the 9th floor you go past the first elevator, up the ramp, thru the door, turn left, go past the second set of elevators, down the hall, turn right, take the elevator with a stork painted on the door to the 9th floor. Luckily the registration is right there. After the birth you could go to the 13th floor or the 7th floor. I'm pretty sure I'll need directions from the labor and delivery room to the postpartum room, but I'm fine with that. I have two fears, the first is getting to the hospital to early and they will send us home. The second is trying to time it just right and delivering our daughter in my car. I think scheduling the induction is the way to go. I'm pretty sure I'm going to pass out during the delivery so knowing when it is going to happen will allow me to eat right and prepare myself. If it just happens, I can pretty much guarantee I'm going to see something, hear something, or smell something that is going to make me pass out. I have come up with a couple ideas on how to combat this, but I need help deciding what to do. The first option is to get a helmet for the delivery. I'm sure I'll get razzed, but when I go down I be able to get right back up with less chance of injury. Option 2 is to mount a camera on top of my helmet so that I can say it is a hands free filming device to possibly cut down on the razzing. There is also a great chance of getting a great shot of me passing out and hitting the floor. Even I would laugh at that! Option 3 is to go all out with a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, and wrist protection. I might even show up with my roller blades on so I have an excuse, but "forget" to take the pads and helmet off. I just don't want to be the guy that has to get stitches because he passed out during the delivery. I'm pretty sure Ryan will be taking notes on what works for me since he had trouble with the first ultrasound! If you like any of the options or have any other ideas let me know!

4 comments:

BJohnsons on the Lake said...

My vote is for a Sumo suit and when you go down you will bounce right back up. That is some of the most funny stuff I have read in a while.

BJohnsons on the Lake said...

Missie and Jay had an 8 lb girl yesterday.

Kate said...

Brent, it is so good to see you. Welcome to the blogging world and Congratulations to you and Cathy!!!

This post freakin' cracked me up! I like Option # 3, or Ryan's suggestion of a sumo suit, that would be awesome.

Also, Ryan, I need the story behind Ultrasound # 1?! Sounds good.

Good luck to you guys as you get ready for your new arrival. Can't wait to see her!

Em said...

Brent, can you believe you're going to be a daddy soon? Congratulations to you and Cathy. You must be so excited (and scared, as was evidenced in this post)! :) Wishing you guys all the best, and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures of your little one.

BTW, I think I'd have to vote for the sumo suit as well, but the helmet with 'hands-free' camera is a close second! haha :)

Take care.